Making Your Own Pureed Pumpkin
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbsugar (pie) pumpkin
How to Make Making Your Own Pureed Pumpkin
- Split the pumpkin in half. With a spoon, remove the fibrous, stringy interior and the seeds.
- Place the halves on a baking sheet, cut-side-down and cover with foil. Bake at 350* for 40 minutes to 1 hour, or until the flesh is tender.
- Remove from the oven and cool until it's not too hot to touch.
- Separate the skin from the pulp with a small knife. Discard the skin and blend the pulp with the water in a food processor until smooth.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 days, or place in freezer bags and freeze. It will last up to a year in the freezer.
- Note : Pumpkin will yield approximately 1/2 cup of puree for every 1 pound of fresh uncut pumpkin,