Making Your Own Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 lb
- sugar (pie) pumpkin
- 1/4 c
How to Make Making Your Own Pureed Pumpkin
- 1Split the pumpkin in half. With a spoon, remove the fibrous, stringy interior and the seeds.
- 2Place the halves on a baking sheet, cut-side-down and cover with foil. Bake at 350* for 40 minutes to 1 hour, or until the flesh is tender.
- 3Remove from the oven and cool until it's not too hot to touch.
- 4Separate the skin from the pulp with a small knife. Discard the skin and blend the pulp with the water in a food processor until smooth.
- 5Refrigerate for up to 2 days, or place in freezer bags and freeze. It will last up to a year in the freezer.
- 6Note : Pumpkin will yield approximately 1/2 cup of puree for every 1 pound of fresh uncut pumpkin,