Holiday Sausage Stuffing for Fowl
No salt or pepper or extra seasoning is needed due to the salt from the crackers and the spices from the sausage. No basting of the stuffing is needed it will keep moist in the bird. To make sausage balls that are yummy: substitute 1 c flour for the cracker crumbs and add a cup of shredded cheese.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- good quality breakfast sausage crumbled
- sleeve of saltine crackers crushed
- 2 large
- 1 stick
- celery diced
- 1 medium
- onion diced
How to Make Holiday Sausage Stuffing for Fowl
- 1In a large bowl crumble up the breakfast sausage. Crush up the saltines into fine crumbs and pour over sausage. Add in the eggs, onion and celery mix until well combined.
- 2Use this mixture to stuff a chicken or turkey. Use a meat thermometer to make sure that it is cooked through. It should register at least 160 degrees or more.
- 3If not used to stuff a bird, you can bake it in a dish, but baste it with chicken broth as it cooks, at least 1/2 -2/3 cups worth over a 40 minute period.
Inside a turkey or hen whatever stuffing is showing will brown nicely.