Fabulous Turkey Stuffing
- 1 bag(s)
- (8 ounce ) stuffing cubes or 1 (7 ounce) kellogg's croutons
- challah, cubed (egg bread)
- 1/4 lb
- large onions, chopped
- stalks celery, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- (4 ounce) chopped mushrooms
- 1 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- (10 ounce) chicken broth,diluted with 1 (10 ounce) can water
How to Make Fabulous Turkey Stuffing
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet and saute onions, celery and mushrooms.
Mix vegetables with bread cubes.
Season with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- 2Beat eggs and add to stuffing.
Add chicken broth and water, turning the stuffing with 2 forks. Use a light touch. Never use spoons.
- 3This is enough stuffing for a 10-12 pound turkey.
Can be baked in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Bake in a covered casserole and lay thin slices of butter over top, at least 1/2 cup.
Pour some water around outside edge, about 3/4 cup.
Halfway thru cooking, stir and add more water if needed.