Two 14 ozbags frozen pearl onions cooked according to package instructions.
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 chalf and half
2 Tbspsour cream
2 Tbspcream cheese
1 ccheddar cheese (i use sharp)
·dried french fried onions (either plain or cheddar cheese, or buttered bread crumbs
·paprika (not smoked paprika)
How to Make CHEESY ONIONS
- Melt butter (don't let it turn brown!) Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Slowly add half and half and stir constantly until smooth and thick (just like a white sauce).
- Add sour cream and cream cheese.
- Add 3/4 cup cheese.
- Stir again until smooth and then add onions.
- Pour into casserole dish, top with cheese, and add either dried French fried onions or bread crumbs. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes until slightly browned. (Oven temp will depend on whether or not you are baking something else. Only thing that matters is that the top is slightly browned.