Cheesy Hominy Casserole
- 1/2 c
- diced onion
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 7 oz
- can chopped green chilies
- 8 can(s)
- container of fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese...reduced fat...i always add extra...there can never be too much cheese!!
- 2 can(s)
- (15 ou) white hominy drained i would do 3 cans and it goes a little farther
- 1 pinch
- or two of red pepper flakes for a little kick too.
How to Make Cheesy Hominy Casserole
- 1Preheat over to 350.
- 2Coat medium skillet with cooing spray and sauté onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent. Reduce heat to med-low and mix in green chilies. Cook 1 minute. Stir in cream cheese mixture until fully melted. Remove skillet from heat.
- 3Place all in a 2 quart casserole and stir to combine. Bake for 35 minutes and cool for 5 minutes before serving. I lightly cover with foil the first 25 minutes and then uncovered the last 10 minutes.