Buckwheat Kasha with Mushrooms
How to Make Buckwheat Kasha with Mushrooms
- Roast the buckwheat in a dry skillet over medium heat until it's golden brown.
- Place mushrooms in a bowl, cover with hot water and let stand for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile cook bacon in a medium pot over medium heat until golden brown and crispy, transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Remove the bacon grease except from 1 tablespoon from the pot and add onion, season with salt and let cook, covered, over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes until soft and starting to brown.
- Drain, rinse and chop the mushrooms.
- Add butter, mushrooms and Buckwheat to the pot, roast for 2-4 minutes until buckwheat starts to become aromatic.
- Add boiling water. bring to a boil, season with salt and cook on low for about 30 minutes until buckwheat has cooked through.
- Add the cooked bacon, mix well and serve with a slab of butter.