How to Make Apricot-Saffron Bulgur
- 1Prepare bulgur according to directions on package (usually boil 2x as much water as the bulgur you are using, take off heat, add bulgur, stir, let sit 5 mins).
- 2Stir saffron into bulgur (or you can do this at any time, you can add saffron into the water as it boils)
- 3While bulgur is cooking, saute onions in butter over med-high heat, as soon as onions begin to get soft (2 mins) add apricots. Lower heat to med-low and saute for an additional 10 minutes.
- 4Add sliced almonds to the apricot/onion mix.
- 5When bulgur is ready, add apricot/onion/almond and mix, fluff and serve!