14 Day Pickles
My mother gave me the recipe when my grandmother passed and it was in her own handwriting, which makes it extra special to me. It is a treasure to me.. from her kitchen!
- 1 gal
- 1 c
- enough boiling water to cover pickles
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 qt
- 1 qt
- 1 Tbsp
- pickle spice boil
How to Make 14 Day Pickles
- 1Mix salt in enough boiling water to cover pickles.
Put lid on and let the cucumbers set for 7 days.
- 28th day: take salt water off.
Put boiling water over them set for 1 day
- 39th day: put 1 tablespoon alum and more boiling water over cucumbers.
- 410th day: wash real good
Add sugar, vinegar, and pickle spice
Pour over pickles and let them set another 5 days
(and these days add up to 15 to me...but who's counting...lol what do I know..maybe I'm missing something) Anyway...14-15 days you still get awesome pickles!!! ;-)
- 5Can in quart jars or keep refrigerated.