Fresh Fruit Platter with Coconut Whipped Cream
- 4 c
- your favorite seasonal fruits, sliced
- 1 c
- coconut cream (tested with a can of unsweetened coconut cream and not coconut milk)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- powdered sugar, approximately
- piece of vanilla pod, split (can sub vanilla paste or vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp
- rose water, to taste
- fresh rose petals or crushed dried rose petals (culinary and be sure they are not sprayed with pesticides!)
COCONUT WHIPPING CREAM
How to Make Fresh Fruit Platter with Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1PREPARE THE COCONUT WHIPPING CREAM: At least 1 hour before you begin, refrigerate the can of coconut cream. Open the can carefully without shaking it and remove the thick portion only. Place in a stand up mixer or hand held mixer.
- 2Using the egg whip attachment, whip the coconut cream for 5 minutes on Speed 10 (the highest). After a few minutes the coconut cream should start to become airy and expand. Continue to whip 5 minutes total.
- 3Now add the sugar, vanilla (if using vanilla pod, scrape the seeds into the bowl), and rosewater. Whip another 1 minute. Transfer to a serving bowl. If desired, garnish the whipping cream with fresh rose petals or crushed dried rose petals.
- 4FRUIT PLATTER: Arrange the fruit on a platter. Serve fruit with the coconut whipping cream.