Yellow Squash Casserole
I am glad to share this one with you.
My mother made something so similar to this but she used broccoli and everyone in our family loved it.
I think this one will be a keeper! Enjoy.
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 35 buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
How to Make Yellow Squash Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- 4Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
You could replace this recipe with Broccoli or Spinach.
If a tad bland, add spices you like for extra flavor too.