Yellow Squash Casserole
How to Make Yellow Squash Casserole
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly steam squash and onion in steamer basket for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In Medium bowl combine cracker crumbs and cheese.
- In Large bowl, add drained squash and onion. Gently fold in half the cracker/cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk, then add to squash mixture. Add half of the melted butter to the squash mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread squash mixture in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with remaining cracker/cheese mixture. Pour remaining butter over top of casserole.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, and lightly brown.