The Good Stuff - Mac n Cheese
It's a generous recipe, reheats & freezes well. I like to keep 1 or 2 in the freezer for those "No time to cook" nights.
We love it with steamed brussel sprouts and garlic bread.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 - 16oz box
- 1 16oz box elbow or rotini macaroni
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 - 12oz can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1 tsp
- dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make The Good Stuff - Mac n Cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9x13 casserole with cooking spray or rub w/ cold butter.
- 3Boil macaroni till almost done. drain, rinse & drain again well.
While this is cooking prepare sauce.....
- 4In a large nonstick pot over medium heat melt butter and add Velveeta cubes and evaporated milk. Stir frequently & watch to avoid scalding. When almost completely melted, add 1 cup shredded cheese & remaining seasonings. Heat through.
- 5Add macaroni to cheese sauce & stir gently to coat.
Pour into prepared casserole and top with remaining cheese.
- 6Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown & bubbly