The Good Stuff - Mac n Cheese
It's a generous recipe, reheats & freezes well. I like to keep 1 or 2 in the freezer for those "No time to cook" nights.
We love it with steamed brussel sprouts and garlic bread.
1 - 16oz box1 16oz box elbow or rotini macaroni
1 lbvelveeta cheese, cubed
1 1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 - 12oz can(s)evaporated milk
1 tspdried minced onion
1/4 tspgarlic powder
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make The Good Stuff - Mac n Cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole with cooking spray or rub w/ cold butter.
- Boil macaroni till almost done. drain, rinse & drain again well.
While this is cooking prepare sauce.....
- In a large nonstick pot over medium heat melt butter and add Velveeta cubes and evaporated milk. Stir frequently & watch to avoid scalding. When almost completely melted, add 1 cup shredded cheese & remaining seasonings. Heat through.
- Add macaroni to cheese sauce & stir gently to coat.
Pour into prepared casserole and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown & bubbly