Tee's Corn Pudding
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 tspsalt
2 Tbspbaking powder
2 cwhipping cream (1 pint)
1/2 cbutter, melted
6 cfrozen whole kernel corn (i got 32 oz kroger brand, so a little over 6 1/2 cups)
How to Make Tee's Corn Pudding
- Combine sugar, powder, flour and salt. Whisk together eggs, cream and butter (or use half the amount of cream and the other half of 1/2 and 1/2). Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth. Stir in corn. Pour into lightly greased 9x13. Bake at 350 degrees 45 min or until golden brown and set. (I tested this with a butter knife inserted into the center, and if it comes out clean, it is done.) Let stand 15 min.
Note: it took 20 minutes longer to get the center cooked. But check and add 5-10 minutes at a time, depending on how jiggly the center is when you check it!
- Note: For Southwestern Corn Pudding, stir in a 4.5 oz can of drained, chopped green chilies and 1/4 t ground cumin.
- Although there is no information about the frozen corn, my suggestion is to thaw and drain well to prevent putting water into the casserole before adding to the other ingredients.
- Note: you could also bake these in individual ramekins. If so, bake 30 min.
- Note: we made this at my mother in law's house for Easter 2018, and because we had two other casseroles in the oven, it took longer to cook. Or maybe it just took longer in general...remember to have the butter knife come out clean from the center before removing from the oven!