Sweet Southern Corn Bread Dressing
- recipe Sweet Southern Corn Bread
- 1 pkg
- 12 oz sage flavored sausage
- 2 c
- chicken bouillon cubes
- sprig rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pepper (i use fresh ground)
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, diced - leaves and all
- 2 Tbsp
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 tsp
- ground poultry seasoning - or more to taste
- cloves garlic, minced
- stick butter, melted
How to Make Sweet Southern Corn Bread Dressing
- 1Break up corn bread in a large bowl. Cover with a clean dish towel and leave on the counter over night.
- 2In a large non stick skillet break up and brown sausage. Add vegetable oil, onion, celery and cook until tender- crisp. Add minced garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Do not drain.
- 3In a microwave safe bowl add water, rosemary sprig, and bouillon cubes. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes to dissolve the bouillon cubes. Discard rosemary sprig. Set aside to cool.
- 4In your corn bread bowl combine sausage mixture, Cooled bouillon, melted butter, sage, sugar, pepper, and eggs. Pour into baking dish and bake at 350 covered for 40 to 50 minutes.