Summer Squash and Zucchini Casserole
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium
- yellow squash, sliced
- 2 large
- green zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium
- white onion, sliced
- butter for sauteeing
- seasoning salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- crushed or cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded chedder cheese
- 1 c
- plain or italian seasoned bread crumbs
How to Make Summer Squash and Zucchini Casserole
- 1In a large ( I recommend an 8 or 10 inch) skillet, on medium heat, heat butter until melted.
- 2Add sliced onion, squash, and zucchini.
- 3Add seasonings as desired. Cover.
- 4Heat until almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5When the veggies are tender, pour (including juices) into a casserole dish.
- 6Add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until mixed.
- 7Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese. Then top with bread crumbs.
- 8In an oven preheated to 350 degrees, cook until it has heated through and through, and has set.
- 9Turn broiler on and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until top has browned.
- 10Take out, ENJOY!