Spinach Squares (or rounds)
3 Tbspbutter or margarine
1 smallonion, chopped
1/4 lbfresh sliced mushrooms
1/4 cfine dry bread crumbs
1 can(s)condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cgrated or shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 tspdried basil
1/4 tspdried oregano
210 oz. packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed as dry as possible
How to Make Spinach Squares (or rounds)
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Stir in onion mixture, crumbs, soup, 2 tablespoons of the cheese, pepper, basil, oregano, and spinach.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees until edges are golden brown (about 35 minutes).
- Cut into squares and serve hot.