Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
- 1 medium
- spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 small
- yellow onion, cut in half and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes, or more if you like it spicy
- 1 tsp
- fresh thyme
- 1/2 c
- sour cream, lite
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
- 1Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Place in a covered dish with a ¼ inch of water and microwave for 10 -12 minutes. In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onions, red pepper and thyme and cook until the onions are slightly brown in color. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash and transfer to a small bowl. Combine the squash, onions, sour cream and half the cheese together and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a buttered baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- 3Place into a 375º for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown on top.