Quick Bacon-Onion Pie
My son likes to garnish his slice of pie with sour cream and fresh cilantro, you may even want to have a saucer of salsa on the table too.
- 9 inch prebaked deep-dish pie shell
- 3 c
- thinly sliced sweet onions (vidalia)
- 3 Tbsp
- salted butter, melted
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 tsp
- white pepper
- 8 slice
- bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- sour cream, cilantro, and salsa in small bowls for garnish when served.
How to Make Quick Bacon-Onion Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until lightly browned.
- 3Put the pie pan on a sheet pan. Line the bottom of pie crust with the onions.
- 4In a small bowl, beat the eggs and the flour together to combine. Add the milk, sour cream,salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over the onions.
- 5Garnish with the bacon and bake until firm in the center, about 30 minutes.
- 6Transfer to a serving platter and serve with French bread and salad for a light lunch.