Quick Bacon-Onion Pie
My son likes to garnish his slice of pie with sour cream and fresh cilantro, you may even want to have a saucer of salsa on the table too.
19 inch prebaked deep-dish pie shell
3 cthinly sliced sweet onions (vidalia)
3 Tbspsalted butter, melted
2 largeeggs, beaten
3 Tbspall purpose flour
1 1/2 csour cream
1/3 tspwhite pepper
8 slicebacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
csour cream, cilantro, and salsa in small bowls for garnish when served.
How to Make Quick Bacon-Onion Pie
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until lightly browned.
- Put the pie pan on a sheet pan. Line the bottom of pie crust with the onions.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and the flour together to combine. Add the milk, sour cream,salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over the onions.
- Garnish with the bacon and bake until firm in the center, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve with French bread and salad for a light lunch.