★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/4 pound
- sliced bacon
- 2 large
- potatoes, peeled & sliced thick
- 1 medium
- head cabbage, chopped
- 2 small
- carrots, sliced thin
- 1 large
- onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 & 3/4 c
- vegetable broth
- 1 tsp
- fresh pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- sour cream
How to Make POTATO CABBAGE ONION CASSEROLE
- 1In a large skillet fry bacon until crisp; remove from pan, drain and crumble. Set aside.
- 2Pour off all but 2 Tablespoons bacon grease in skillet.
- 3Add cabbage, carrots, onions & potatoes.
Stir until coated with bacon drippings.
- 4Sprinkle with flour; add broth, salt, pepper, vinegar and cover.
Cook slowly on medium heat about 50 minutes.
- 5When ready to serve place in casserole dish and top with sour cream and reserved bacon.