☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cdiced celery
1 cdiced onion
1 tspdried thyme
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspdried sage
14 1/2 ozlow-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cfresh parsley, coarsely chopped
1 Tbspfresh orange zest
20 ozcan crushed pineapple, drained
2 loavesking's hawaiian original sweet white bread
1 Tbspbutter (to grease baking dish)
How to Make Pineapple Stuffing
- Cut bread slices into 1/2-inch cubes and lightly toast in oven. (The best way to do this is place bread cubes in single layer on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake about 10-15 minutes in oven at 250ºF, just until dry and very lightly toasted. Let cool completely.)
This step can be done a day or two in advance, and the toasted bread cubes returned to the plastic bread bag(s) until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion, and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir thyme, sage, salt, pepper, chicken broth into the onion mixture. Bring mixture to a boil, and quickly remove skillet from heat.
- Place bread cubes in very large bowl. Add celery mixture, parsley, orange zest and pineapple; toss gently until well mixed.
- Spoon stuffing into a lightly greased 13x9-inch glass baking dish, and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.