Recipe is my own.
How to Make Oyster Dressing/Stuffing-Annette's
- Cube the bread the night before or at least several hours before. Lay on a cookie sheet and cover with a clean tea towel and leave out to dry.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray casserole or 9x13 pan with Pam. Saute onions, celery and sage in margarine. Add 1/2 can of chicken broth to mixture. Dump in oysters and a little of the liquor from them once the veggies are done cooking. ***The amount of liquor you use is dependent on how strong you want the oyster flavor.*** If you use a lot of the liquor, decrease the amount of chicken broth you add to veggies.
- Crack the eggs over the bread. Pour veggie mixture over bread and mix to coat. Add salt and pepper. If you need more moisture, use the other 1/2 can of chicken broth, or at least some of it.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Enjoy!
- ***You may also leave out the oysters all together and make plain dressing OR add 1 pound ground pork or spicy sausage.*** All 3 ways are great!