Norma's Great Zucchini & Yellow Squash Casserole
1 csliced zucchini about 1/4 in. thick or (2 med. size)
2 csliced yellow squash about 1/4 in. thick or (3-4 med. size)
1 mediumonion, chopped
4 - 5green onions, copped (stems and all)
·enough water to cover all
1 tspsalt, divided
2 ccrushed ritz crackers
1/2 cmargarine or butter, melted
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 largecarrot, shredded
1/2 cof your favorite mayonnaise
1 tsprubbed sage
1 cof your favorite sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Norma's Great Zucchini & Yellow Squash Casserole
- Slice your zucchini, yellow squash, onion, green onion.
- Add all to a sausepan and cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Cover and cook until squash is tender. Take of heat and drain well and set aside.
- Combine crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter. Mix well and spoon half into bottom of a greased shallow 1-1/2 qt. baking dish.
- Combine soup, carrots, mayonnaise, sage, pepper and remaining salt.
- Fold into squash mixture and stir to cover all. Spoon mixture over crumbs.
- Sprinkle with cheese and the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot with any prepared meats, chiken or fish.