Norma's Calico Baked Bean's
When our Church has a pot luck dinner I always take this casserole. It always goes over well with everyone including the kids. It's easy to make and has so much flavor. At times with all those different beans in it we eat it in a bowl by itself it is that good. I also have added cooked ground beef to these beans to make a one dish meal. Oh so good!
- 6 slice
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- clove garlic, minced
- 16- ounce can butter beans, drained
- 16-ounce can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 15 1/2-ounce can red kidney beans, drained
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- light molasses
- 1/4 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp
- onion, sliced and separated into rings (optional)
- *for a one dish meal you can add 1/2 pound of lean cooked ground beef.
How to Make Norma's Calico Baked Bean's
- 1In a skillet cook bacon until crisp.
- 2Remove bacon, reserving two tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- 3Drain and crumble bacon and set aside.
- 4Cook onion and garlic in reserved bacon drippingss until onion is tender but not brown.
- 5In a large bowl combine crumbled bacon, onion, garlic, butter beans, lima beans, pork and beans in tomato sauce, kidney beans and garbanzo beans.
- 6Stir in catsup, molasses, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, prepared mustard and pepper and mix well.
- 7Turn into a 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- 8Cover and bake in preheated oven at 350 for one hour or until heated through.
- 9Remove from oven and remove cover and garnish with onion rings if desired.
- 10*For a one dish meal add 1/2 pound of cooked lean ground beef to this dish.