☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 - 6 oz package corn bread mix - type with no sugar
·1 - package of biscuit mix -
·1-1/2 cup chopped celery
·1-1/2 cup chopped onion
·1 stick butter
·3 - heaping teaspoon dried sage
·1 1/2 - 2 cans chicken broth
·1 egg slightly beaten
How to Make My Own Poultry Dressing
- Cook corn bread and biscuits - can be done a day or two before. Do not use canned biscuits,
- Melt butter in a skillet - add onion and celery - cook until tender,
- In a large bowl crumble biscuits and corn bread. Add the cooked celery, onion and the butter they were cooked in
- Add 1 slightly beaten egg
- Add the sage - mix all well
- Add 1-1/2 - 2 cans chicken broth or enough to get a very moist but not sloppy texture.
- Pour all into a 8 or 9 inch square buttered pan or casserole dish,
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 50 to 60 minutes or until top is browned.
- Remove from Oven and cut into squares.