☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 - 6 oz package corn bread mix - type with no sugar
- 1 - package of biscuit mix -
- 1-1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 stick butter
- 3 - heaping teaspoon dried sage
- 1 1/2 - 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 egg slightly beaten
How to Make My Own Poultry Dressing
- 1Cook corn bread and biscuits - can be done a day or two before. Do not use canned biscuits,
- 2Melt butter in a skillet - add onion and celery - cook until tender,
- 3In a large bowl crumble biscuits and corn bread. Add the cooked celery, onion and the butter they were cooked in
- 4Add 1 slightly beaten egg
- 5Add the sage - mix all well
- 6Add 1-1/2 - 2 cans chicken broth or enough to get a very moist but not sloppy texture.
- 7Pour all into a 8 or 9 inch square buttered pan or casserole dish,
- 8Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 50 to 60 minutes or until top is browned.
- 9Remove from Oven and cut into squares.