My Best Mac 'n' Cheese
1 3/4 cdry, small elbow macaroni
3 Tbspbutter at room temperature
2 cgrated sharp cheddar cheese
2 cgrated monterey jack cheese
1 1/2 cgrated white american cheese
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/4 tspdry mustard
·good pinch of cayenne pepper or to taste
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make My Best Mac 'n' Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and toss with butter.
- Put half the noodles in a lightly buttered 2 quart casserole dish, lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with half the grated cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Whisk flour, mustard and cayenne pepper together in a separate bowl. Add milk and whisk really well to incorporate flour. Add egg and whisk until well blended. Pour over noodles and cheese.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until cheese is browned to your liking.