·regular uncooked pie shell
6-8ripe tomatoes, peeled
1/3-1/2vidalia (or other sweet) onion
1- 1 1/2 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
·salt and pepper
1 - 2 Tbspmilk
1/2 chellmann's mayo
How to Make Mrs. P's Tomato Pie
- Cook the pie shell at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes
- Peel and slice tomatoes to fill bottom of pie shell.
- Sprinkle with chopped onion
- Salt and pepper
- Layer more tomatoes
- Salt and pepper (again)
- Mix mayo and cheese and milk to make a little more spreadable. Spoon on top and pat down to cover tomatoes.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes until light golden brown
- May make day ahead. Helps to absorb the tomatoes juices.