Meat Cabbage Casserole (oven version)
Rev BJ Friley
- 1 lb
- lean ground meat
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 1 c
- carrots, finely shredded
- 3 c
- cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- black pepper
- 1 jar(s)
- (16 oz.) herb-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- chives, chopped
- 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, grated
How to Make Meat Cabbage Casserole (oven version)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a medium skillet, sauté onion in butter until soft, but not brown.
- 3Add ground meat.
- 4Cook, breaking up the meat until meat loses its pink color.
- 5In a 2-quart buttered casserole or baking dish, layer the carrots and half the cabbage.
- 6Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7Add meat mixture, press down slightly.
- 8Add remaining cabbage.
- 9To spaghetti sauce, add Worcestershire sauce and chives.
- 10Pour sauce over top of casserole.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until cabbage is soft and meat is cooked through.
- 13Add cheese on top.
- 14Bake, uncovered, for another 5 to 8 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 15Serve immediately.