Meat Cabbage Casserole (oven version)
Rev BJ Friley
1 lblean ground meat
1 mediumonion, chopped
2 Tbspbutter or margarine
1 ccarrots, finely shredded
3 ccabbage, finely shredded
1 dash(es)black pepper
1 jar(s)(16 oz.) herb-style spaghetti sauce
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspchives, chopped
1/2 ccheddar cheese, grated
How to Make Meat Cabbage Casserole (oven version)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion in butter until soft, but not brown.
- Add ground meat.
- Cook, breaking up the meat until meat loses its pink color.
- In a 2-quart buttered casserole or baking dish, layer the carrots and half the cabbage.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add meat mixture, press down slightly.
- Add remaining cabbage.
- To spaghetti sauce, add Worcestershire sauce and chives.
- Pour sauce over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until cabbage is soft and meat is cooked through.
- Add cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for another 5 to 8 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.