Meat Cabbage Casserole (microwave version)
Rev BJ Friley
If you like the onions real soft, start by microwaving them in the butter first. Then add the meat and cook again according to the recipe directions. Onions have a tendency to remain hard if not cooked separately.
- 1 lb
- lean ground meat
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 1 c
- carrots, finely shredded
- 3 c
- cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- black pepper
- 1 jar(s)
- (16 oz.) herb-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- chives, chopped
- 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, grated
How to Make Meat Cabbage Casserole (microwave version)
- 1Break up meat into a microsafe baking dish. Microwave for about 3 minutes at HIGH power until meat loses its pink color. Stir and turn meat once.
- 3Add butter. Stir until melted.
- 4Add carrot. Stir well to blend.
- 5Microwave for 1 minute at HIGH power until carrots are soft. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7Mix spaghetti sauce, Worcestershire sauce and chives. Pour over top. Cover.
- 8Microwave at HIGH power for 10 minutes. Stir once or twice and press down slightly.
- 9Microwave another 3 to 4 minutes.
- 11Serve with a green salad or boiled potatoes for a more substantial meal.