Meat Cabbage Casserole (microwave version)
Rev BJ Friley
If you like the onions real soft, start by microwaving them in the butter first. Then add the meat and cook again according to the recipe directions. Onions have a tendency to remain hard if not cooked separately.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lblean ground meat
1 mediumonion, chopped
2 Tbspbutter or margarine
1 ccarrots, finely shredded
3 ccabbage, finely shredded
1 dash(es)black pepper
1 jar(s)(16 oz.) herb-style spaghetti sauce
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspchives, chopped
1/2 ccheddar cheese, grated
How to Make Meat Cabbage Casserole (microwave version)
- Break up meat into a microsafe baking dish. Microwave for about 3 minutes at HIGH power until meat loses its pink color. Stir and turn meat once.
- Add butter. Stir until melted.
- Add carrot. Stir well to blend.
- Microwave for 1 minute at HIGH power until carrots are soft. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix spaghetti sauce, Worcestershire sauce and chives. Pour over top. Cover.
- Microwave at HIGH power for 10 minutes. Stir once or twice and press down slightly.
- Microwave another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad or boiled potatoes for a more substantial meal.