Matzo Apple Orange Kugel
6eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 craisins, any type note: may use craisins for a change.
4 largeapples (any type, but I like delicious), peeled or partially peeled
1 largeorange, zest only
1/2 calmonds, chopped or sliced
4+ Tbspcinnamon-sugar mixture
1/2 cbutter or margarine, melted
How to Make Matzo Apple Orange Kugel
- Break matzohs coarsely. Soak them in water just until soft (about 1 minute). Squeeze out excess water. (DO NOT OVER SOAK!)
- In a very large bowl, stir together the matzos and the eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, raisins, apples, orange zest, and almonds.
- Place in well-greased (or sprayed with Pam) baking pan or casserole dish. Sprinkle top with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Note: The orange rind is a must! Add extra for even more flavor.
- Drizzle butter or margarine over the top if desired.
- Bake at 350 until firm and browned (about 45 minutes).
- Note: This freezes well. I use the large slits of a hand grater, but you can use a food processor for speedier prep time.