1/2-1 lbsmall elbow macaroni
1 stickbutter or margerine
1 largeblock of sharp chedder cheese (grate)
1 Tbspseasoning salt
How to Make Mac & Cheese
- Take your butter & eggs out before starting so that they can warm to room temp.
- Get a cassarole dish ready by using spray oil, olive oil or butter rubbed in entire dish. Your size is depending on how much you want to make.
Use a 1 quart dish for the smaller amount. Increase size to your liking.
- Cook your macaroni with a little oil in the water so that it won't stick. (1/2 pound for small dish)
- Grate your sharp chedder cheese while macaroni is cooking. Use the whole block if you want (cheesy).
- Once your macaroni is done, drain the water. (DO NOT RINSE!) and put into a large bowl.
Add the butter, season salt, pepper and eggs.
Mix until butter is melted and macaroni is covered.
- In your cassarole dish, add a first layer of mixture.
Then add a layer of cheese. Continue to layer until the last one is cheese (usually 3).
Take your milk and pour over ingredients until it is just below the surface.
- Cover your cassarole with the top or aluminum foil.
Put in oven at 350 degrees.
Once the cheese has melted, remove the top or foil and let bake until bubbling and the turns a light golden brown.