- 1 can(s)
- whole kernel yellow corn, undrained
- 1 can(s)
- cream style yellow corn
- (8 oz.) carton sour cream
- eggs, beaten
- 1 box
- jiffy corn muffin mix or homemade jiffy corn mix-see below my posting
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
How to Make JIFFY CORN CASSEROLE
- 1Mix all together and pour into large, lightly oiled casserole dish.
Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes.
- 2**Homemade Jiffy Corn Mix
2/3 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c yellow cornmeal
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 c grated cheddar cheese (optional)
2 oz canned chillies (optional)
1/4 c drained chopped pimiento (optional)
1/2 c chopped onion (optional)
- 31 Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
2 Whisk in vegetable oil and mix until dry mixture is smooth and lumps are gone.
3 If another recipe is calling for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, add the above mixed ingredients to that recipe.
4 OPTIONAL: To mix, add any combination of optional ingredients you prefer.
5 Combine mix with egg and milk, mixing well. (see my posting for Homemade Jiffy Corn Mix for Directions for other recipes.)