Jalepeno Mac & Cheese
Michelle Bersani =^..^=
Hope you enjoy!
1/2 lbpasta of choice ( i used ditalini), cooked al dente
4 Tbspbutter, plus 1/4 tablespoon for onions
1/2large onion, chopped
2 1/2 cmilk, heated
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 cjalepeno flavored velveeta, cubed
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded (i used extra sharp)
·seasoned panko bread crumbs; enough to cover the top of the casserole
How to Make Jalepeno Mac & Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large heavy bottomed sauce pan.
Add onions and cook on low until translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the butter.
Once melted, add flour and stir constantly until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, but don’t let it brown- about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the hot milk, continuing to stir until the sauce thickens, bring to a boil.
Add salt & pepper.
- Lower heat to medium/low and slowly add cheese, constantly stirring until completely melted.
- Add cooked pasta to pan and mix with cheese sauce.
- Transfer mac & cheese to an 8x11 casserole dish.
- Cover with breadcrumbs.
Spray lightly with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Let stand for about 15 minutes.