Home For Thanksgiving Fried Cornbread Dressing
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This cornbread dressing is everything dressing should be - moist and full of flavor. Between the pork sausage, fresh veggies and sage, it's packed with flavors. Oven-frying the cornbread gives it a buttery sweet flavor which is a great base for the dressing. This recipe serves a crowd but can easily be cut in half. We highly suggest giving this unique dressing a try at your next holiday meal.
Note: When testing 4 cans of chicken broth were plenty for our liking. We also used 2 lbs of sausage and 3 tsp of sage. The Test Kitchen
- 1 to 2 lb
- mild ground sausage
- diced onions
- 2 c
- sliced celery
- 1 lb
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 to 6 can(s)
- Swanson's chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tsp
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 pkg
- cornbread mix (each packet enough for 6 servings of cornbread)
- 1 to 2 c
- butter or margarine (2 cups is better!)
How to Make Home For Thanksgiving Fried Cornbread Dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 425 for cornbread.
- 11Freezes well. I don't salt during cooking. Just place salt and pepper shakers on the table for those who want more than what's already there.