Green Chiles and Rice Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Green Chiles and Rice Casserole
- 1In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add rice and stir until rice is coated with oil and heated through.
- 2Add boiling water and salt, if desired. (Note: cheese and chiles are salty.)
- 3Bring to boil over high heat; cover and reduce heat to low.
- 4Cook 20 to 25 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 5Spray a 12 x 7 1/2 x 2 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 6Combine cooked rice with the sour cream.
- 7Spread 1/2 of rice mixture on bottom of baking dish; sprinkle chiles over rice mixture, then the cubed cheese, rest of rice mixture, and then the grated cheese.
- 8Bake 25 minutes in the preheated 325 oven, or until bubbly.