Green Chiles and Rice Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Green Chiles and Rice Casserole
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add rice and stir until rice is coated with oil and heated through.
- Add boiling water and salt, if desired. (Note: cheese and chiles are salty.)
- Bring to boil over high heat; cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 20 to 25 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Spray a 12 x 7 1/2 x 2 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine cooked rice with the sour cream.
- Spread 1/2 of rice mixture on bottom of baking dish; sprinkle chiles over rice mixture, then the cubed cheese, rest of rice mixture, and then the grated cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated 325 oven, or until bubbly.