Green Bean Casserole (No canned soup)
Adapted from a Penzey's spice catalog from several years ago.
1/2 conions, minced
1/2 tspthyme, dried
1 Tbspparsley, minced or use 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 tspsalt and pepper
1/2 Tbsplemon peel, minced
1 csour cream
2 Tbspcooking sherry
20 ozfrozen cut green beans (or use french)
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cbread crumbs or canned onions
How to Make Green Bean Casserole (No canned soup)
- 1. Cook green beans according to package
- 2 In a medium saucepan over low heat saute onions, thyme and parsley in butter for 5 minutes.
- 3 Blend in salt, pepper, flour and lemon peel. Add sour cream and sherry, and cook on low for 3 minutes.
- 4 Grease a medium/large casserole dish with butter, add cooked and drained beans to the dish. Pour the sour cream and spice mix over the beans, stir gently to coat. Sprinkle grated cheese and bread crumbs (or canned onions) over the top of the dish.
- 5 Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes, until topping is lightly browned.