GRANDMAS MAC AND CHEESE
How to Make GRANDMAS MAC AND CHEESE
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan. Sprinkle in flour to form a paste. Add milk and whisk bringing to a slight boil to thicken. If you need to add more flour whisk it in.
- 2After it thickens add cheese and stir till melted. Make sure heat is not too high because you don't want it to burn.
- 3In a large pot with salted water cook pasta very al dente. Drain and put back into pasta pot.
- 4Add cheese mixture and mix well (it may look a little soupy but the pasta will absorb the sauce when it bakes). Add salt and pepper at this time to taste.
- 5Pour into a casserole dish sprayed with Pam and layer a few pieces of cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake till bubbly.