Grandma's Baked Macaroni
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 small
- box of macaroni (elbow) noodles
- 1/4 to 1/2 c
- 1/2 stick
- 3 or 4
- block cheddar cheese, grated (reserve 1 cup for topping)
- 1 small
- pkg. of gouda shredded cheese
- abt. 6 to 8 slices of velveeta cheese
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 pinch
- garlic powder to taste
How to Make Grandma's Baked Macaroni
- 1Cook macaroni (elbow) noodles in salted water according to directions on box. Drain macaroni and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat eggs with a fork, adding milk, 2/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese and 2/3 cup shredded gouda cheese, salt, pepper, margarine chipped up, and pinch of garlic powder to taste. Add more milk if needed to make the mixture soupy.
- 3Pour noodles in a buttered casserole dish. Add mixture and blend evenly noodles with mixture. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheeses on top. Tear Velveeta slices in small bite sizes and place randomly on top.
- 4Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and macaroni is set.