Favorite Pot Luck Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- uncooked macaroni
- 2 lb
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 2 can(s)
- use empty evaporated milk can and measure 2 more cans of milk
- 8 oz
- queso cheese, cubed about 1/2" (i use velvetta queso)
- 2 large
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp
- ground mustard
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 2-4 dash(es)
- ground red pepper (to taste)
- 4 oz
- salted butter, cut into cubes.
- generous grinds of black peppercorns
How to Make Favorite Pot Luck Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- 1Bring a large kettle to a rolling boil with very well salted water. Stir in the macaroni, and cook according to package directions until only al dente. If you cook longer the mac n cheese will be mushy.
- 2Meanwhile, cube the queso cheese into about 1/2" pieces. Take 1/2 Cup of the cheddar aside to sprinkle on top before cooking.
- 3In medium mixing bowl mix the evaporated milk with two cans of regular milk. Add the beaten eggs and stir well; add the nutmeg, ground mustard, red pepper and salt and pepper. Stir all well to combine.
- 4As soon as you drain the pasta, return to the pot, and stir in the butter; add buttered pasta to the milk, egg and seasoning mixture; Stir in all but 1/2 C of the cheddar cheese, and the queso cheese. Stir well and place into a very well greased slow cooker. I prefer to use the slow cooker liners!!!
- 5Sprinkle in the reserved cheddar cheese over the top, and sprinkle paprika over the top. (I am generous with the paprika. Cook on Low setting of your crock pot for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. This will keep warm and not separate for hours.