Favorite Pot Luck Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbuncooked macaroni
2 lbshredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 can(s)evaporated milk
2 can(s)use empty evaporated milk can and measure 2 more cans of milk
8 ozqueso cheese, cubed about 1/2" (i use velvetta queso)
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1/2 tspground mustard
1 tspsea salt
2-4 dash(es)ground red pepper (to taste)
4 ozsalted butter, cut into cubes.
·generous grinds of black peppercorns
How to Make Favorite Pot Luck Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Bring a large kettle to a rolling boil with very well salted water. Stir in the macaroni, and cook according to package directions until only al dente. If you cook longer the mac n cheese will be mushy.
- Meanwhile, cube the queso cheese into about 1/2" pieces. Take 1/2 Cup of the cheddar aside to sprinkle on top before cooking.
- In medium mixing bowl mix the evaporated milk with two cans of regular milk. Add the beaten eggs and stir well; add the nutmeg, ground mustard, red pepper and salt and pepper. Stir all well to combine.
- As soon as you drain the pasta, return to the pot, and stir in the butter; add buttered pasta to the milk, egg and seasoning mixture; Stir in all but 1/2 C of the cheddar cheese, and the queso cheese. Stir well and place into a very well greased slow cooker. I prefer to use the slow cooker liners!!!
- Sprinkle in the reserved cheddar cheese over the top, and sprinkle paprika over the top. (I am generous with the paprika. Cook on Low setting of your crock pot for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. This will keep warm and not separate for hours.