Eggplant Tomato Pie
I also slice my tomatoes in advance and let them drain.
The recipe in the picture is double.
1/2 cbreadcrumbs, flavored
1 Tbspbutter, melted
8 slicemozzarella cheese
2 Tbspromano cheese, grated
How to Make Eggplant Tomato Pie
- Peel and cube eggplant. Boil until soft and tender. Then drain water and mash
- Add diced onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, and melted butter to the mash. If the mixture is too wet, add more breadcrumbs Mix well
- Grease a pie pan. Sprinkle some breadcrumbs on the bottom of the pan to absorb excess liquid. Slice one tomato and layer on bottom of pan.
- Spread the egg plant mixture over the tomato layer. Sliced the remaining tomato and layer on top of eggplant mixture
- Put a sprinkling of Romano cheese over top of mixture. Add the mozzarella cheese evenly across the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown