★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- macaroni, elbow
- 1 can(s)
- cheddar cheese soup
- 1 pkg
- imperial sharp cheddar cheese (red ctn. found in cheese dept. in supermarket)
- 1 medium
- white onion finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- shredded parmesean cheese
How to Make Easy-Peezy Mac & Cheese
- 1Add macaroni to 6 cups of salted boiling water. Cook until just barely underdone.
- 2While macaroni is cooking, add condensed soup, very finely chopped onion (optional) and cheddar cheese in microwave safe 2-3 qt. casserole dish. Place in microwave oven on high for 3 mins. Check mixture and stir. If more time is needed, set oven at 1 min. intervals. Check after each addition until cheese mixture is melted.
- 3Add cooked macaroni to cheese mixture and fold ingredients together.
- 4Melt butter in small saucepan. Add bread crumbs to butter and stir together. Spread crumbs on top of macaroni & cheese mixture. Sprinkle parm. cheese over bread crumbs.
- 5Place in preheated 350 deg. oven for about 30 to 45 mins. until heated through. Let set for approx. 10 mins. and serve.