☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbpea or navy beans
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 lbbrown sugar
How to Make Dorothy King's Baked Beans
- Soak 2 lbs. pea beans overnight in enough water to cover beans
- Drain water off
- Add water enough to cover
- Add 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- Bring to a boil and boil about five minutes.
- Drain and rinse with clear water
- Cover with water, add salt and cook until tender, about 1 hours (add more water if top of beans become exposed.)
- add 1 lb. brown sugar and 2 tablespoons molasses.
- Put into baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 2-3 hours.
- Bacon strips may be place on top before baking.