7thick applewood bacon strips
1large carrot,thinly sliced
6 ozdry elbow macaroni
8 ozshredded mozzarella cheese
2 to 4 ozblue cheese,crumbled
1 chalf and half
1 ozcream cheese,softened
1/8 tspblack pepper
1 cshredded monterey jack cheese
How to Make Creamy Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until
crisp,turning once.Drain bacon on paper towels;crumble.Reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
Cook carrot in reserved bacon drippings for 5 to 8 minutes or until carrot is tender.Set aside.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions.
Drain and place in a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
Add crumbled bacon,carrots,mozzarella cheese,blue cheese,half and half,cream cheese and pepper.Toss gently to combine.
- Bake,uncovered,for 20 minutes.Stir gently.Top with the monterey jack cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes more or until top of mac and cheese is brown and bubbly.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.