- thick applewood bacon strips
- large carrot,thinly sliced
- 6 oz
- dry elbow macaroni
- 8 oz
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 4 oz
- blue cheese,crumbled
- 1 c
- half and half
- 1 oz
- cream cheese,softened
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese
How to Make Creamy Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until
crisp,turning once.Drain bacon on paper towels;crumble.Reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
Cook carrot in reserved bacon drippings for 5 to 8 minutes or until carrot is tender.Set aside.
- 3Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions.
Drain and place in a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
Add crumbled bacon,carrots,mozzarella cheese,blue cheese,half and half,cream cheese and pepper.Toss gently to combine.
- 4Bake,uncovered,for 20 minutes.Stir gently.Top with the monterey jack cheese.
- 5Bake for 10 minutes more or until top of mac and cheese is brown and bubbly.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.