I took my over-floured recipe to a potluck and not a single drop came home. There was a teenager that helped herself to thirds -- and has since asked for the recipe!
2 bag(s)frozen spinach, thawed, drained
1/2 call purpose flour
·oil (i used sunflower/avocado)
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
3/4 chalf and half
·water, if needed
How to Make Creamed Spinach
- Place drained spinach into 10x13 greased pan, set aside.
- Heat up the oil, sprinkle in the flour and whisk till the flour is almost golden.
- Pour in half & half while whisking. Adding water if you need to thin it out a bit. Remove from heat, fold in cheese.
- Combine the cheese mixture into the spinach. Bake at 350 till bubbly and golden.
- Instead of oil -- use bacon grease and sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top of the casserole before baking.
Instead of Parmesan cheese, use Velveeta, or cheese of your choice. The recipe is actually great with no cheese at all, also!
I've also added garlic to the white sauce.