How to Make Creamed Cabbage
- Cook bacon, set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Bring 1/4 cup water and 1/2 tsp salt to boil in 3 quart saucepan.
- Boil cabbage and 1/2 onion, covered, until crisp/tender, about 6-7 minutes. Drain well.
- While cabbage cooks, sauté the other half of onion in bacon drippings until golden.
- Crumble bacon. Place cabbage, bacon and sautéed onion in 2 quart baking dish.
- Mix cream, salt, pepper and caraway seeds together and pour over cabbage.
- Bake, covered, at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until cream has thickened, stirring once during cooking.