How to Make Creamed Cabbage
- 1Cook bacon, set aside on paper towels to drain.
- 2Bring 1/4 cup water and 1/2 tsp salt to boil in 3 quart saucepan.
- 3Boil cabbage and 1/2 onion, covered, until crisp/tender, about 6-7 minutes. Drain well.
- 4While cabbage cooks, sauté the other half of onion in bacon drippings until golden.
- 5Crumble bacon. Place cabbage, bacon and sautéed onion in 2 quart baking dish.
- 6Mix cream, salt, pepper and caraway seeds together and pour over cabbage.
- 7Bake, covered, at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until cream has thickened, stirring once during cooking.