Corn Pudding Souffle
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- half and half
- 1 can(s)
- ( 17 ounces) whole kernal corn, drained, reserve liquid
- 1 small
- ( 4 ounce) chopped green chiles, drained
- eggs, separated
- 1/4 c
- cream style cottage cheese...if i can find, i buy small curd, and cream it in food processor
How to Make Corn Pudding Souffle
- 1Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour till smooth. Add enough half and half to corn liquid to measure 1 cup. Continue stirring until sauce is thick and hot.
Stir in corn, chiles, and garlic powder.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low.
Beat egg yolks, in a small bowl. Stir about 1/4 cup of hot sauce into egg yolks, heating constantly. Stir egg yolk mixture back into sauce.
Remove from heat; stir in cottage cheese. Beat egg whites in bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into corn mixture.
Pour into ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, or souffle dish.
- 3Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.