★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 pkg
- (8-oz size) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 pt
- fresh oysters, or 3 cans (7-oz size) frozen oysters, thawed
- 1/2 c
- each chopped onion, green pepper, and celery
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Corn Bread Oyster Dressing
- 1In a 6-qt. pan, heat i cup water with 1 cup butter, to melt the butter. Remove from heat; toss with the stuffing mix. Set aside.
- 2Drain oysters; cut in half. In 1/2 cup butter in a medium skillet, saute` oysters, onion, green pepper, and celery, 5 minutes. Add salt, rosemary, and pepper.
- 3Add to stuffing mix, toss lightly to mix well.
- 4Stuff the turkey, bake and enjoy. You can put any extra in a casserole dish and bake with your turkey until heated through 45 minutes to 1 hour.