Church Meeting Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb
- any medium sized pasta as long as it has a hole to hold the cheese sauce.
- 1 c
- extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 c
- sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 c
- mild shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 c
- evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 Tbsp
- dried mustard
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
How to Make Church Meeting Mac and Cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Boil pasta in salted water to just beyond al dente.
Drain the pasta, but don't pour all of the water off of it. Be sure to leave some of the pasta water in the pot to be stirred in with the pasta, cheeses, milk, and seasonings. This hot water will help the cheeses melt.
- 3Add the evaporated milk, butter, cheeses, salt, pepper, and dried mustard to the pot with the pasta. Don't forget to add the pasta that is in the colandar. Stir until the cheeses have melted and the sauce is smooth.
- 4Spray a 3 qt. pyrex baker or other of your choice with non stick cooking spray. Add pasta and cheese and bake for 40 minutes.