Chile Relleno Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- roasted green chilles-hatch or anaheim
- 1/2 lb
- grated monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 c
- salt to taste
How to Make Chile Relleno Casserole
- 1In a glass loaf pan that has been greased, lay strips of chile (see Preparing Chilis Recipe) on bottom. Add layer of cheese. Continue, ending with a layer of chiles.
- 2Beat eggs, add milk and 1/2 cup flour and salt. Pour over layers.
- 3Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.
- 4TIP: You can de-seed chilis. Leaving the seeds in is where the hotness comes from. This recipe tastes just like the fried rellenos but is much easier to prepare and less fattening! I have also bought the big cans of whole green chilis that can be found at Walmart in the Mexican Food Section.