Cheesy Vegetable Casserole (oven version)
Rev BJ Friley
REMEMBER: If you want to substitute fresh vegetables for the frozen you will need about 2 1/2 cups. The vegetables should be cleaned, cut into pieces, and blanched before adding to the cheese sauce.
REMEMBER: When melting the cheese, both in the microwave oven and on the stove, be sure not to overcook or use high heat. Overcooked cheese will be tough, stringy, oily and may crust on the pan.
- 1/2 lb
- american cheese
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 bag(s)
- (16 oz.) frozen vegetable blend containing broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1 c
- (about 30) crushed butter crackers
How to Make Cheesy Vegetable Casserole (oven version)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cut cheese into cubes.
- 3Place in a saucepan with 1/4 cup butter.
- 4Heat over medium until melted and smooth, stirring often.
- 5Place vegetables in a 1-quart casserole dish.
- 6Pour cheese mixture over vegetables.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Melt remaining butter.
- 9Stir in cracker crumbs.
- 10Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- 11Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 12Serve at once.