Cheesy Vegetable Casserole (oven version)
Rev BJ Friley
REMEMBER: If you want to substitute fresh vegetables for the frozen you will need about 2 1/2 cups. The vegetables should be cleaned, cut into pieces, and blanched before adding to the cheese sauce.
REMEMBER: When melting the cheese, both in the microwave oven and on the stove, be sure not to overcook or use high heat. Overcooked cheese will be tough, stringy, oily and may crust on the pan.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 lbamerican cheese
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 bag(s)(16 oz.) frozen vegetable blend containing broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, thawed and drained
1 c(about 30) crushed butter crackers
How to Make Cheesy Vegetable Casserole (oven version)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut cheese into cubes.
- Place in a saucepan with 1/4 cup butter.
- Heat over medium until melted and smooth, stirring often.
- Place vegetables in a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Pour cheese mixture over vegetables.
- Mix well.
- Melt remaining butter.
- Stir in cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve at once.