Cheesy Vegetable Casserole (microwave version)
Rev BJ Friley
Microwave cooking time: 14 minutes
REMEMBER: If you want to substitute fresh vegetables for the frozen you will need about 2 1/2 cups. The vegetables should be cleaned, cut into pieces, and blanched before adding to the cheese sauce.
REMEMBER: When melting the cheese, both in the microwave oven and on the stove, be sure not to overcook or use high heat. Overcooked cheese will be tough, stringy, oily and may crust on the pan.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 lbamerican cheese
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 bag(s)(16 oz.) frozen vegetable blend containing broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, thawed and drained
1 c(about 30) crushed butter crackers
How to Make Cheesy Vegetable Casserole (microwave version)
- Place in a microsafe 1-quart casserole dish with 1/4 cup butter.
- Add vegetables to casserole.
- Mix well.
- Melt remaining butter in a bowl at HIGH power for 30 seconds.
- Stir in cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle buttered crumbs over casserole.
- Microwave at MEDIUM HIGH power (roast), uncovered, for about 10 minutes, rotating 1/2 turn after 5 minutes.
- Let stand 2 to 3 minutes before serving.